Remedial and Swedish Massage
Massage is the art of manipulating the body through pressure and motion to create harmony, health and relaxation. The therapeutic effects of massage include:
- Beneficial influence on the skin, muscles, nerves, blood vessels, lymphatics, heart, digestion and absorption.
- Elimination of toxic matter via bowels, lungs, kidneys and skin.
- Increases the blood supply to vital organs – aids nourishment and cellular activity of these organs.
- Relaxes tight or spastic muscles, loosens fibrous thickenings around joints and breaks up acidic deposits.
- Exerts soothing or stimulating action on the nervous system.
- Secretory function of the glandular system is increased or decreased (normalised) to optimal levels.
Massage is particularly beneficial for stress management, to relax the body and mind, especially combined with the use of essential oils.
Remedial massage using special massage movements, is used in cases of frozen shoulder, neck, back and knee problems, and is especially useful in conjunction with other treatments such as the Bowen technique, Neural Organization Technique and other modalities of kinesiology.
Pamper and treatment packages:
make ideal gifts for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day, or for yourself any time.
Includes stress and time management, counselling and massage therapy.
Pregnancy nurturing and preparation for labour:
Includes aromatherapy massage, kinesiology, and labour preparation OR
Includes aromatherapy massage and labour preparation
Aromatherapy massage with facial, a 90 min treatment OR
Aromatherapy massage with foot reflexology, a 90 min treatment