Homeopathy is a system of medicine which was developed in the 18th Century by a German physician and chemist, Samuel Hahnemann. In the last 200 years, its effectiveness has been clearly established and today, homeopathy is used worldwide. It is used in the treatment of chronic disease, acute conditions and minor accidents which require first aid.
How does homeopathy differ from conventional medicine?
Conventinal medicine is based on a concept of disease and agents that cause disease (e.g. viruses and bacteria) and the resulting pathological changes. Treatment aims to relieve the symptoms.
Homeopathy views all symptoms as an indication of an underlying state of ill health that affects the whole person, not just one or two body systems.
Treatment aims to alleviate the cause of disease by stimulating the body’s natural immunity and recuperative power.
What does a visit to the homeopath involve?
This may take up to an hour. You will be asked questions related to your physical symptoms and your past medical history. In addition, you may be asked about your eating habits, sleep patterns, lifestyle and about your mental and emotional characteristics, A physical examination may be conducted according to the particular needs of your case.
What type of medicine will be given?
Homeopathic medicine is made from substances derived from plant, animal and mineral sources. They are prepared following strict homeopathic pharmaceutical guidelines and can be given as liquid or globules. The remedy may contain little or none of the original substance but carries its energy and healing stimulating properties.
You may be given a single dose or repeated doses of a single remedy. These small amounts of medicine are sufficient to stimulate the body’s healing process. Where illness developed over a long period of tine, several successive remedies may be needed during the course of weeks or months.
Are there any side effects?
Healing takes place in different ways and reactions to a remedy vary. Sometimes there is immediate healing. Sometimes it begins with and increased feeling of wellbeing even though symptoms initially remain. In some cases, old symptoms recur as part of the healing process. Occasionally, there is a temporary worsening of the symptoms prior to an improvement.
Can homeopathic remedies be taken with conventional medicines?
Because homeopathy works by stimulating the body’s natural immunity, conventional medicines may interfere with the homeopathic effect, but homeopathic remedies do not interfere with medical drugs.
To ensure maximum benefit from your homeopathic medication:
- The remedy is taken at least half an hour before or after food or drink, or as directed by your practitioner.
- Avoid taking the remedy immediately after using coffee, alcohol, tobacco, and toothpaste.
- Some practitioner believe that the taking of coffee lessens the effectiveness of the remedy, especially in individuals sensitive to coffee.
- Store the remedy away from heat and strong smelling substances such as perfumes, mentholated liniments, medical drugs and camphor.
Homeobotanical therapy is a combination of herbal medicine and homeopathy, and provides safe, natural care backed by a thousand years of experience and tradition to restore and maintain robust health. Based on the gentle action of natural herbs, people of all ages can benefit, especially sensitive people.
- Remedies are made to the patient’s individual needs at the time of consultation.
- Non-toxic, gentle and naturally sweet.
- Convenient, reliable, loved by children.
- A few drops each day is all you need to take.
- Great for the whole family including your pets.
- Professionally prepared for best results.